Posted by mike on 2006/5/27 0:02:45 (1237) reads
2006 Camp Jeep(R), the off-road driving and activity-filled event for Jeep vehicle owners and their families, will be held for the first time ever at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wis., August 10-12, 2006.
From across America, more than 7,000 devotees of Jeep vehicles and the Jeep lifestyle are expected to participate in the event, along with their estimated 1,800 Jeep vehicles. This is the 12th year of Camp Jeep.
"Camp Jeep is the ultimate destination for owners who are truly passionate about their Jeep vehicles," said John Plecha, Director, Jeep Marketing and Global Communications. "Camp Jeep gives them the opportunity to share the 'go anywhere/do anything' attitude of Jeep with family and friends from across America."
Camp Jeep attendees will be able to test drive three all-new vehicles: the 2007 Jeep Compass, Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited. The all-new 2007 Jeep Patriot will be on display. New this year are thrill rides in the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 8 and a rally course for the Jeep Compass. Back for the second year in a row will be a special exhibition by skateboarding legend Tony Hawk, plus the Jeep King of the Mountain Professional Bike World Championship.
Yet, what keeps Jeep owners coming back year after year are the opportunities to drive Jeep vehicles off-road and the nearly 150 family- oriented outdoor activities that tap into the Jeep lifestyle of freedom, adventure, mastery and authenticity. Among the many popular activities:
* 4x4 off-road trails, ranging from scenic to difficult
* For those who want pre-trail training, there will be the Trail Rated(R) Off-Road Course, where owners learn off-road driving skills by navigating steep grades, large rocks, log crossings, sand and other obstacles
* Engineering Village is where Jeep owners can talk to Jeep engineers about every aspect of their vehicles
* The Camp Kids Village will feature arts and crafts for youngsters and a driving course with miniature Jeep vehicles
* A variety of outdoor adventure sports are slated for the Sports & Adventure Village, including a 60-foot Adventure Tower, rock climbing, hiking, fly-casting, scuba diving and more
* The 65-year history of Jeep -- complete with memorabilia and vintage vehicles dating back to WW II -- will be in the World of Jeep Village
Two events will bring even more excitement to this year's Camp Jeep.
There will be a 45-minute air show over Camp Jeep featuring rare WWII aircraft on Friday, August 11.
Also, the National Anthem Project, sponsored by Jeep, will make a special stop at Camp Jeep as part of a 50-city nationwide tour. The "National Anthem Project: Restoring America's Voice" is a multi-year national education initiative to re-teach Americans the words to "The Star-Spangled Banner." The display will feature a patriotic-themed Jeep Liberty and Jeep Grand Cherokee as well as interactive activities that teach about the historical significance of the national anthem. Camp Jeep attendees can sign up for the National Anthem Project All-Star Contest, in which one winner from each state will be awarded a $1,000 donation to their local music program and given the opportunity to perform at a concert in Washington, D.C. in 2007.
Jeep vehicle owners who register by June 15 pay $345 per vehicle to attend. After that date, registration is $395. Those who refer a friend who registers will receive a $25 discount card to be used at the Jeep Store on site. This popular venue is where Jeep gear and Camp Jeep merchandise is sold. When attendees refer four or more friends who register, all will receive a $50 refund in the mail after the event.
The comments are owned by the poster.
We aren't responsible for their content.
You must login or register to post a comment.