Posted by mike on 2006/9/4 19:57:33 (3284) reads
(from a Chrysler Group press release)
Since its introduction in 1992, the Jeep® Grand Cherokee has revolutionized the sport-utility (SUV) market. With best-in-class tractive capability and best-in-class power, the 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee is designed, engineered and built to master every imaginable day-to-day driving condition, whether on-road or off-road.
“Whether it’s on-road or off-road that your travels lead you, the Jeep Grand Cherokee cuts a trail no other SUV can follow,” said George Murphy, Senior Vice President – Global Marketing, Chrysler Group. “Just as it did when it debuted on the market, the 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee sets the benchmark for off-road capability and continues to do so for on-road refinement.”
For 2007, Jeep Grand Cherokee is the first to offer a diesel engine in the full-size SUV segment. The new 3.0-liter common rail turbo diesel (CRD) engine offers up to 30 percent improvement in fuel economy, class-leading torque, outstanding towing capacity (7,400 lbs. when properly equipped) and class-leading driving range (approximately 425 miles). Also new for the 2007 model year is a flex-fuel-capable, 4.7-liter, single-overhead-cam (SOHC) V-8 engine, which gives customers the ability to use up to an 85 percent concentration of ethanol (E-85) to fuel their vehicles.
The 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee also adds side-curtain air bags with roll-detection system as a standard safety feature. Remote start is included as standard on Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and Overland, and optional on Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo.
“WHAT’S NEW FOR 2007”
* Five new colors: Red Rock Crystal, Light Graystone, Steel Blue Metallic, Jeep Green Metallic, Mineral Gray Metallic
* Narrow molded-in-color black body molding for Laredo (Laredo appearance upgrade)
* Body color door handles on all Laredos
* Revised rear taillights
* Brushed aluminum stainless steel front sill guards on Overland
* Improved finish on upper instrument panel
* Color keyed interior color cup holders
* Center console bezel changed from black to match other interior bezels — Laredo
* Chrome accent HVAC knobs — Laredo
* Cut and sew padded vinyl center arm rest — Limited
* Chrome rings on instrument gauges — Laredo
Powertrain / Chassis
* 3.0-liter Common Rail Diesel (CRD) engine with Dana 44 axle in 2WD models (not available in ME, NY, VT, CT, CA)
* Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) standard
* 4.7-liter SOHC V-8 Flexible Fuel Vehicle (FFV) (not available in ME, NY, VT, CT, CA)
* Remote start
* Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) and Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) standard on 3.7-liter engine
* Standard tires: P245/65R17 Goodyear Fortera replaces Wrangler SRA and HP
Safety and Security
* ParkSense® Rear Back-up System on Laredo
* ParkView Rear Back-up Camera — Available Laredo and Limited
* Active turn signals — “3-Blink Lane Change”
* Standard side curtain air bags
* Fog lamps optional on Laredo Package
* Laredo Popular Equipment Group with heated seats, remote start and adjustable pedals optional on Laredo Package
* Sun and Sound Group with AM/FM/six-disc CD and power sun roof optional on Laredo Package
* Premium Sound Group with Boston Acoustics and SIRIUS optional on Laredo Package
The comments are owned by the poster.
We aren't responsible for their content.
You must login or register to post a comment.
Posted: 2006/9/4 21:16 Updated: 2006/9/4 21:16
Home away from home
Re: 2007 Grand Cherokee Debut
That's great if you want a hard-top SUV.
What about the new Wranglers getting the CRD?