Posted by mike on 1999/9/1 0:00:00 (689) reads
One of our readers sent us this image of the 2001 Jeep Cherokee. We can't confirm that this is a fact yet, but over on Al Miller's site, it reads that "Automotive Industries Magazine" printed this exclusive photo. (Al's site also has a larger version of the photo)
If you ask us, it looks a whole lot like a 1998 Grand Cherokee with the classic Jeep grille. Anyone have any more information about this? We'd love to hear it!
Update - 3:24PM - we just received an email claiming that the photo of the 2001 Cherokee is a fake:
That photo is a fake!
1. The driverside wheel is not the same as the others.
2. you can make out the TJ passenger side rear view mirror in the window.
3. If you zoom in you can see the checkerboard pattern from a "airbrush" tool
4. Zoomed in you can see the color change from the TJ fender to the WJ fender near the door.
5. All the wheels have a white halo around them the are obviously cut and pasted.
This is a montage of a TJ and a WJ on XJ wheels.
In other news, the official jeep web site has finally been updated with model year 2000 Jeeps. There are lots of new pictures of Jeeps in all the new colors, as well as pricing and specification information.
Finally, one of our readers may have discovered the "flaw" in the 2000 Jeep brochures that have been "recalled":
The flaw in the 00 Jeep brochures you referred to may be in the first picture of the Silver Stone Grand Cherokee. There are two different types of tires on the Grand. Even if this is not the flaw it is interesting how there are always minor flaws in the brochures.
The comments are owned by the poster.
We aren't responsible for their content.
You must login or register to post a comment.