This edition of sponsored by:
MiscellaneousCheap Gas Deal Extended by Chrysler Until July 7
Posted by mike on 2008/5/19 20:31:43 (3519) reads

It sounds like Chrysler saw a better-than expected reaction to their $2.99 gas incentive - at least according to web site visitors. Regardless, they've extended it for an additional month:

Chrysler is extending for another month its offer to subsidize customers' gasoline prices for three years.

The deal caps gas at $2.99 per gallon with Chrysler paying the rest. It was to expire June 2, but now will go through July 7.

Chrysler LLC Vice Chairman and President Jim Press said Monday the deal has resonated with consumers. The company says the deal has raised traffic on its Web site by 25% since it began May 7.


Reader Reactions

The comments are owned by the poster.
We aren't responsible for their content.
You must login or register to post a comment.

Poster Thread
Posted: 2008/5/23 21:25  Updated: 2008/5/23 21:25
Just popping in
Joined: 2006/5/22
Posts: 19
 Re: Cheap Gas Deal Extended by Chrysler Until July 7
I got my Jeep TJ long before gas went into the stratosphere so I can't get this deal, but oddly enough I feel like I have a good vehicle for the times. I find with the smaller gas tank, and the fact that I usually fill up when it gets to 1/4 of a tank, the most I've paid so far to fill up is about $38.

That $38 feels pretty darn good when I pull up to the pump and see the $80 to $100 readings for the people who were there before me. I tend to get pretty good mileage as well with the manual and shifting early.

Poster Thread
Posted: 2008/5/23 20:53  Updated: 2008/5/23 20:53
Home away from home
Joined: 2002/3/22
Posts: 247
 Re: Cheap Gas Deal Extended by Chrysler Until July 7
What Chrysler/JEEP needs to do is produce a small Jeep like the Willys concept with a plug-in hybrid drivetrain, and a 'range extender' engine that runs on 100% Biodiesel or E-85.

The fact is that 90% of Americans do 90% of their driving at speeds under 45 m.p.h., and drive less than 45 miles---For the other 10%, they can get 110M.P.G for the first gallon (that's a 2 hour commute at 55 m.p.h.), and 45 M.P.G. for each gallon after that (for those people who commute longer than 2 Hours).

A Plug-in Hybrid Vehicle (PiHV) would fill this void and allow most drivers to use little or no gas on a weekly basis, and if they did, Solar power on your roof-top, B100 or E-86 grown right here in the good ole' U-S of A.

No Saudi Dino Juice here.

And I dont want to hear about EUROPE, and the fact that they are paying $8.00 + per gallon of gas...

This is not Europe...

Most European cars would not pass U.S. Crash Standards, or Emissions Standards, and therefore are lighter and make more H.P. per gallon...

Most Equopean cars are Diesel powered anyway, so a gas car is a luxury, probably a Porsche or BMW...

Europe has an ACTUAL public transportation system, so a car is secondary there, whereas, a car is a NECESSITY in America...

Poster Thread
Posted: 2008/5/20 8:01  Updated: 2008/5/20 8:01
Just can't stay away
Joined: 2006/1/26
Posts: 116
 Re: Cheap Gas Deal Extended by Chrysler Until July 7
I'm not sure about this deal, but it's kind of appealing...especially if I was looking @ diesel powered vehicle. Yesterday I drove by a gas station and it was $4.54 a gal. Now I don't know the specifics of the deal, but this winter $2.99 gal for diesel may be cheaper than heating oil?

Poster Thread
Posted: 2008/5/22 8:11  Updated: 2008/5/22 8:11
Quite a regular
Joined: 2006/4/25
Posts: 59
 Re: Cheap Gas Deal Extended by Chrysler Until July 7
Lots of people poo-pooed this idea in the last thread. But I think it will gain traction as gas blasts past 4 bucks a gallon and maybe past 5. One analyst has predicted that 12 dollar a gallon gas is inevitable! Not to mention hurricane season is nearing and one hit to the gulf and prices will double.

This may in fact be a financial disaster for chrysler if gas keeps skyrocketing!

Poster Thread
Posted: 2008/5/23 21:26  Updated: 2008/5/23 21:26
Just popping in
Joined: 2006/5/22
Posts: 19
 Re: Cheap Gas Deal Extended by Chrysler Until July 7
Hey angry, I remember you from the FJ forum years ago. I went with Jeep too!
Main Menu
JeepNewsNow Everywhere


Lost Password?

Register now!
Jeep Classifieds
Syndication - RSS
Add Jeep News Headlines to your site for free!

Display the latest Jeep news headlines on your Web site using our RSS 2.0 news feed!

RSS 2.0

Or, if you prefer, an even easier way of putting the headlines on your Web site is to utilize our free, JavaScript-based headlines. Check them out!
Who's Online
22 user(s) are online (2 user(s) are browsing News)

Members: 0
Guests: 22

mike's totally free jeep news now is designed and maintained by
Copyright © 1998-2010 mike's totally free jeep news now
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Advertising Info