Posted by mike on 2000/8/29 0:00:00 (2334) reads
We recently received this email from one of our readers...
I recently went to a Jeep 101 event and had a conversation with one of the Jeep employees. After talking about some random Jeep jargom, I got the chance to begin questioning him about the new 2001 Cherokee redesign. He informed me that he has seen the new model. He shared some new information and confirmed some of the previous rumors. This is what we spoke about :
- The newly redesigned 2001 Cherokee will in fact be released as a 2002 model.
- It will definetly have independent suspension.
- It looks 'Nissan X-terra-ish' and is much higher off the ground than the current Cherokee.
- It has the front end of a Wrangler.
- It is probable that the 4 door version of the Wrangler will replace the current Cherokee model.
Along these same lines, Car and Truck news has a two-part article about the next-generation Cherokee and the debate that the decision to go with independent suspension - we classify it as a must read for anyone with an interest in the future of the Cherokee.
The comments are owned by the poster.
We aren't responsible for their content.
You must login or register to post a comment.
Posted: 1969/12/31 19:00 Updated: 1969/12/31 19:00
Originally posted by: Tom Maples
Just an addition to my other statement. They should be making the KJ more like the Dakar concept and do a seperate redesign of the Cherokee.