Posted by mike on 2011/3/2 6:53:56 (1393) reads
From a Chrysler press release
Jeep brand sales were up 23 percent in February compared with the same month in 2010. All five Jeep brand models posted a sales increase during the month, led by the brand's flagship Jeep Grand Cherokee and the iconic Jeep Wrangler. Sales of the Jeep Grand Cherokee increased 31 percent in February versus a year ago, while sales of the Jeep Wrangler were up 28 percent. Each Jeep model posted a double-digit percentage sales gain in February. February also marked the 10th consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains for the brand.
Celebrating its 70th anniversary this year, the Jeep brand is offering distinctive 70th Anniversary Edition models of each vehicle in its lineup. The 70th Anniversary Edition models, which pay homage to the history of the legendary Jeep brand, will arrive in dealerships in spring.
The Jeep Grand Cherokee earned MotorWeek's respected Drivers' Choice Award for Best Large Utility in February, and was named the Official Winter Vehicle of New England by the New England Motor Press Association (NEMPA), adding to its growing list of prestigious awards. The Grand Cherokee last week made Kelley Blue Book's annual Top 10 Family Cars of 2011. The KBB editors said that the recently redesigned Grand Cherokee remains every inch the capable off-roader, but improved on-road manners and an elevated level of refinement – most noticeable in its well-appointed cabin – propel Jeep's flagship to new levels of excellence.
The Jeep brand reached an unprecedented domestic automotive milestone in February, as fans on the brand's Facebook page reached and surpassed the 1 million mark. In achieving more than 1 million fans, the Jeep brand exceeds the next closest domestic automotive brand fan's total by more than 450,000.
- Jeep brand sales (28,619 units) increased 23 percent versus the same month last year (23,339 units)
- Jeep Grand Cherokee sales (8,667 units) improved 31 percent compared with February last year (6,614 units)
- Jeep Wrangler sales (7,636 units) increased 28 percent versus February 2010 (5,967 units)
- Jeep Liberty sales (5,896 units) increased 61 percent compared with February last year (3,659 units)
- Jeep Patriot (4,153 units) posted a 39 percent year-over-year sales increase
- Jeep Compass sales (2,267 units) were up 19 percent versus February a year ago (1,911 units)
The comments are owned by the poster.
We aren't responsible for their content.
You must login or register to post a comment.