Posted by mike on 2011/8/2 13:41:58 (1276) reads
Portions of this article are from a Chrysler press release.
All Jeep® brand models contributed to Chrysler's 20% July sales increase, including the iconic 2011 Jeep Wrangler, which set an all-time sales record, and the new 2011 Jeep Compass compact SUV with a 240 percent sales increase, the largest year-over-year sales gain of any Chrysler Group model.
All five Jeep brand models posted a sales increase in July compared with the same month a year ago. All Jeep models currently in production have posted year-over-year sales gains every month this year.
The Jeep brand continues its strong performance this year by posting a 46 percent sales increase in July, the brand’s best sales volume month since March 2008 and its 15th-consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains. All five Jeep brand models posted a sales increase compared with the same month a year ago.
The Jeep Wrangler was the best-selling Jeep model in July. Wrangler’s record sales volume of 14,355 units in July was second only to the Ram pickup truck. Jeep enthusiasts learned in July that they now can transform their four-door Jeep Wrangler Unlimited into a two-door pickup truck with a new kit from Mopar®. The Mopar JK-8 conversion kit costs $5,499 and can be ordered through Mopar at Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and Ram Truck dealerships.
The new Jeep Compass, with its unsurpassed compact SUV 4x4 fuel economy (28 mpg), posted a 240 percent sales increase, the largest year-over-year percentage sales gain of any Chrysler Group model in July. Sales of the all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee were up 76 percent versus the same month in 2010. July marks the 11th-consecutive year-over-year sales gain by the award winning Grand Cherokee. Since its introduction, the 2011 Grand Cherokee has captured 30 awards from an array of opinion-leading publications, television and online media outlets, journalist associations and industry organizations, making it the most awarded SUV ever.
More details after the jump...
- Jeep brand sales (38,691 units) increased 46 percent compared with the same month last year (26,466 units)
- Jeep Wrangler sales (14,355 units) increased 43 percent versus July 2010 (10,043 units), an all-time sales record
- Jeep Grand Cherokee sales (9,499 units) improved 76 percent compared with July last year (5,407 units)
- Sales of the new 2011 Jeep Compass (4,430 units) were up 240 percent versus July 2010 (1,302 units)
- Jeep Liberty sales (5,809 units) increased 19 percent compared with July last year (4,893 units)
- Jeep Patriot (4,598 units) posted a 7 percent year-over-year sales increase
The comments are owned by the poster.
We aren't responsible for their content.
You must login or register to post a comment.