Posted by mike on 2011/9/2 7:48:23 (1088) reads
Portions of this article from a Chrysler press release
Proving once again that the Jeep brand is on a roll, Chrysler posted August sales numbers that continue the trend that we've been seeing for most of 2011.
The Jeep brand continues to roll in 2011 posting a 58 percent sales increase in August, the brand’s best sales volume month since December 2007 and its 16th-consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains. All five Jeep brand models posted a sales increase compared with the same month a year ago.
With 12,949 units sold, the Jeep Wrangler was the top-selling Jeep model in August, and was second only to the Ram pickup truck as the top-selling Chrysler Group model. The Wrangler – the most capable and recognized vehicle in the world – becomes even more capable both on- and off-road for 2012, courtesy of an all-new, more fuel efficient and more powerful 3.6-liter V-6 engine, and a new five-speed automatic transmission – both of which it shares with the award-winning Jeep Grand Cherokee.
The new Jeep Compass, with its unsurpassed compact SUV 4x4 fuel economy (28 Hwy mpg), posted a 130 percent sales increase, the largest year-over-year percentage sales gain of any Jeep model in August. For the year, Compass sales are up 124 percent. The Jeep Grand Cherokee continues to forge ahead with sales up 77 percent in August versus the same month in 2010. August marks its 12th-consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains.
- Jeep brand sales (40,613 units) increased 58 percent compared with the same month last year (25,706 units)
- Jeep Wrangler sales (12,949 units) increased 69 percent versus August 2010 (7,666 units)
- Jeep Grand Cherokee sales (11,320 units) improved 77 percent compared with August last year (6,393 units)
- Sales of the new 2011 Jeep Compass (4,400 units) were up 130 percent versus August 2010 (1,909 units)
- Jeep Liberty sales (6,853 units) increased 31 percent compared with August last year (5,247 units)
- Jeep Patriot (5,090 units) posted a 23 percent year-over-year sales increase
The comments are owned by the poster.
We aren't responsible for their content.
You must login or register to post a comment.
Posted: 2011/9/2 14:31 Updated: 2011/9/2 14:31
Just popping in
Re: Jeep August Sales Best in Over 3.5 Years
And Fiat claims they don't have the resources to invest in their best selling brand? They sold a total of 3,106 little 500s compared to Jeep? They are simply using Jeep as a cash cow to finance their Fix It Again Tonys.