Posted by mike on 1998/6/19 0:00:00 (2193) reads
...and the pictures just keep on coming...
Is it me or does the 99 Grand Cherokee look a whole lot like a Subaru Outback (only taller)??? We've got even more Grand Cherokee pictures to post over the next several editions, so keep checking back...
The Detroit News has an article about the new Grand Cherokee that mentions a few interesting facts:
- Chrysler spent $2.6 billion on the new Grand Cherokee
- Chrysler profits $7,000 to $9,000 per Grand Cherokee sold (profits!!!)
- Annual capacity of the Grand Cherokee assembly plant (Jefferson North) will be increased 10%
- The number of "direct labor hours" to build each Grand Cherokee will drop 1 hour to 18
- The new Grand Cherokee engine, transmission, and transfer case weigh 15% less than the current model
The comments are owned by the poster.
We aren't responsible for their content.
You must login or register to post a comment.