Posted by mike on 2005/11/7 9:54:10 (1136) reads
(from a DaimlerChrysler press release)
For the first time, Camp Jeep(R) New England and the Jeep Trail Rated(R) Test Track, are coming to Boston for a debut performance at the Bayside Expo Center during the New England Auto Show.
The 40,000-sq.-ft. display boasts a 16-foot hill climb, Sirius DJs broadcasting live, and a special Jeep Kidz area. The interactive Jeep display will give consumers an opportunity to truly experience the world's most capable 4x4 vehicles and the lifestyle that goes with them. Chrysler Group has hosted test drives at auto shows for three years and is the only automotive manufacturer to offer on-site test drives at auto shows.
The all-new 2006 Jeep Commander -- the first ever seven-passenger, three- row Jeep vehicle -- will join the Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Liberty on the Trail Rated off-road driving course. The five-minute drive will showcase the Jeep brand's off-road capabilities, including traction, articulation, ground clearance, maneuverability and water fording. Eight vehicles will operate on the test track at any given time and an additional 25 vehicles will be on display, including the Jeep Commander and Jeep Gladiator concept vehicle. Other Chrysler and Dodge vehicles on display include the Chrysler 300C SRT8, Dodge Ram Mega Cab and Dodge Charger R/T.
"Auto show attendees want to do more than just look at vehicles, they want an experience to remember," said George Murphy, Senior Vice President of Global Marketing for the Chrysler Group. "At the Jeep display event goers will see the vehicles inside and out, feel their capabilities and get a taste of the lifestyle that goes with the Jeep brand."
Test Track Fun Facts
* The Jeep course will be comprised of five different surfaces -- dirt, rocks, water, wood and asphalt -- and includes a 16+ foot vertical climb on a Jeep mountain.
* More than 220 yards (5,700 cubic feet) of dirt and wood chips will be used to construct the Trail Rated course. All materials will be recycled and returned back to original source.
* The temporary structure built to accommodate Camp Jeep New England covers almost 40,000 square feet.
* Course construction will take five days.
* Jeep Trail Rated course highlights include water fording, ground clearance, articulation, traction and maneuverability demonstrations.
* It will take nearly five minutes to ride the circuit on the 465-foot- long Jeep course. (Great roller coaster rides last about three minutes!)
* Over 20,000 riders are expected to take part in the Camp Jeep New England experience.
* A free Jeep Photo Zone will give guests the opportunity to have their photo taken with the Gladiator concept vehicle.
* Guests will receive a free souvenir at the always popular Jeep penny press.
Also featured is the popular "Jeep Kidz" zone, which features the "Jeep Kidz Course" where kids ages 3 and up can test drive their very own mini Jeep vehicles, play Tony Hawk video games, experience Atomic Skis & Wildcat Mountain and climb an 18-ft. wall.
The comments are owned by the poster.
We aren't responsible for their content.
You must login or register to post a comment.
Posted: 2005/11/23 9:30 Updated: 2005/11/23 9:30
Quite a regular
Re: Camp Jeep Hits New England for the First Time
It's about time!