Chrysler to Commemorate Jeep History at Former Toledo Parkway Facility
Date 2007/6/15 4:47:00 | Topic: Facilities
|We just got a press release from Chrysler Group regarding an upcoming media event at the site of the former Jeep assembly facility. |
- Chrysler Group to announce future of the smokestacks on the Parkway site
- Plant was oldest manufacturing facility in North America, including 64
years of manufacturing Jeep products
- Operations moved to the $2.1 billion state-of-the-art Toledo Supplier
Park in 2006
After a proud 96 year history and the production of more than 11 million vehicles, demolition of the former Jeep Parkway site is almost complete. Please join us at an event to celebrate the history of the facility and to discuss the future of the site.
When: Monday, June 18 - 10:00 a.m.
- 1945 Jeep vehicle
- 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
- Final chance to capture the three smokestacks together against Toledo skyline
The press release reads like those smokestacks might be coming down...