Motorweek Best Large Utility Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Date 2011/2/10 9:42:00 | Topic: Grand Cherokee
|From a Chrysler press release|
The all-new 2011 Jeep® Grand Cherokee has earned MotorWeek's respected Drivers' Choice Award for Best Large Utility.
Every year for the last 30 years, MotorWeek has reviewed the state of the automotive business, and judged the best new trucks of the year. The annual Drivers' Choice Awards looks at vehicles from a buyer's point of view. Scoring takes into account trends, innovations, value and reliability to produce a list of winners that makes sense and can be used as a practical guide for car shopping.
"We are delighted that the all-new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee earned MotorWeek's Drivers' Choice Award," said Mike Manley, President and CEO – Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. "Our new Jeep Grand Cherokee has been a tremendous success in the marketplace since its introduction last summer, as it delivers a one-of-a-kind combination of premium driving dynamics and refinement, legendary capability, efficiency, innovation and craftsmanship. We are grateful to MotorWeek – and to our customers – for recognizing these attributes."
The all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee continues to be a success in the marketplace. Grand Cherokee sales were up 130 percent in January versus the same time last year, contributing the Jeep brand's overall 47 percent U.S. sales improvement in that same time period.
The MotorWeek Drivers' Choice Award for Best Large Utility is the latest in a list of awards the all-new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee has recently captured. Other accolades include:
- Consumers Digest "Best Buy"
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) "Top Safety Pick"
- Four Wheeler magazine's "Four Wheeler of the Year"
- Detroit News "Truck of the Year"
- AutoWeek "Best of the Best 2011 Truck award"
- Urban Truck of the Year
- Internet Truck of the Year
- Popular Mechanics "Automotive Excellence Award for Off-Road Ability"
- Texas Auto Writers Association "SUV of Texas"
- Texas Auto Writers Association "Full-size SUV of Texas"
- Ruedas ESPN "Best SUV"