Chrysler Group announced today a new incentive program highlighted by up to $2,500 consumer cash on select 2002 model year Chrysler, Jeep® and Dodge vehicles. The seven-year/100,000-mile powertrain protection plan on all Chrysler Group vehicles remains in effect until March 31.
The new incentive program runs through February 28.
"We're not taking our foot off the accelerator when it comes to providing customers with great product, world-class quality and unbeatable value," said Jim Schroer, Executive Vice President - Global Sales and Marketing. "This new program gives them all three -- innovative cars and trucks, an engine and transmission protection plan that emphasizes quality and durability, and attractive cash incentives that keep us competitive with the rest of the industry."
"The heart of the new program keeps the focus on brand value and product attributes," Schroer added. "Called the 'Chrysler Advantage,' 'Jeep Promise' and 'Dodge Edge,' the emphasis is on providing buyers a great value on outstanding cars and trucks, each one backed by a long-term commitment to quality, innovation and durability,"
Consumer cash of $2,500, or reduced APR financing, is available on Dodge and Chrysler minivans, (excluding the eC, eL and eX models); the Jeep Grand Cherokee (excluding the Sport model); and the Dodge Durango. Consumer cash of $1,500 is available on the rest of Chrysler Group's lineup of cars, trucks and SUVs, except the Dodge Intrepid, with $2,000 consumer cash, and the Jeep Wrangler, with $500 consumer cash.
Excluded from the national consumer cash portion of the program are the Chrysler PT Cruiser and the Jeep Liberty.
DaimlerChrysler recently released a list of awards won by their 2002 model year vehicles - here's a the list of awards won by 2002 Jeeps:
- 4x4 PLUS (Belgium), 4x4 of the year - 2002 Jeep Cherokee/Liberty
- 4Wheel & Off-Road, 4x4 of the year - 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- American Woman Road & Travel, Best in Class SUV - 2002 Jeep Liberty
- Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC), Best New Sport Utility Vehicle - 2002 Jeep Liberty
- Evening Gazette Car Awards (UK), Best 4x4 - 2002 Jeep Cherokee/Liberty
- Four Wheeler, Four Wheeler of the Year - 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Eyes on Design, Best Concept Vehicle - 2002 Jeep Compass concept
- Texas Auto Writers Association, Compact SUV of the year - 2002 Jeep Liberty
- Texas Auto Writers Association, Midsize SUV of the year - 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Northwest Automotive Writers Association, Economy SUV of the year - 2002 Jeep Liberty
- Popular Mechanics, Design & Engineering Award - 2002 Jeep Liberty
- Popular Science, Best of What's New - 2002 Jeep Liberty
Here's the complete list of awards won by DaimlerChrysler vehicles.