Introducing the all-new Jeep 2500

Date 2003/6/17 0:00:00 | Topic: Miscellaneous

Available soon if you live in China.

Jeep 2500


Beijing Jeep debuted an all-new version of their Jeep 2500 recently.

From autoindex.org:

Powered by the proven 2.5-liter four cylinder engine and available in both 4x2 and 4x4 variations the new Jeep 2500 is essentially still an old Jeep Grand Cherokee with a new face.

The interior was also revamped with new steering wheel and seats

So far more than 500 orders were taken.

Beijing Jeep is a joint venture between Beijing Automobile Works and American Motors Corporation (AMC). In 1987, Chrysler bought AMC and assumed AMCs role as joint venture partner. In 1998 the newly formed DaimlerChrysler took over 42.4 per cent of the stakes, while Beijing Auto Works holds the remaining 57.6 per cent.

BJC set up 31 authorized dealers and signed sales contracts with 152 auto trade companies. BJC also set up 89 service centers around China. Customers consist of government institutes, state owned enterprises, township enterprises, military and private users. Most of the vehicles are for business use.

From 2003 two Mitsubishi off-roaders are also being assembled. Production will be ramped up to 50,000 units by 2004.


Our reader who gave us the heads-up on this article said that it looks like, "looks like Liberty components tacked on in and out". Be sure to check out the entire article for additional photos.





This article comes from mike's totally free jeep news now
http://www.jeepnewsnow.com

The URL for this story is:
http://www.jeepnewsnow.com/article.php?storyid=542