2004 Jeep Liberty Summary From DaimlerChrysler
Date 2003/8/2 0:00:00 | Topic: Liberty
|DaimlerChrysler recently released a press releases about the 2004 Jeep Liberty.|
DaimlerChrysler recently released their product summaries for the 2004 Jeep lineup - here's the Liberty info:
- Jeep® Liberty is the latest, contemporary expression of the Jeep brand -- engineered for exceptional on-road refinement and legendary off-road ruggedness and capability.
- Chrysler Group’s hands-free in-vehicle communication system, UConnect™, is available as a factory-installed option on the Jeep Liberty for 2004. Integrated into Liberty’s electrical system, UConnect uses Bluetooth™ technology to link the user’s personal mobile phone with the vehicle, allowing the phone audio to be heard through the radio speakers.
- Also new for 2004: a power accessory delay feature that maintains the electrical power for minutes after the key is removed from the ignition or the door is opened, and a foldable rear cargo organizer that opens into a shelf with compartment dividers to keep packages in place.
- Jeep Liberty gets a new passenger-side, instrument panel-mounted grab handle, while Jeep Liberty Renegade is offered with rock rail protection and black accent bodyside moldings.
- Two new color options for Liberty are Deep Molten Red and Timberline Green.
- Jeep Liberty continues to receive recognition from various key external quality metrics in terms of overall reliability and customer satisfaction. These high satisfaction and quality ratings are backed by Chrysler Group’s seven-year/70,000-mile powertrain warranty and exceptional internal quality ratings that have been benchmarks for the corporation.
- Standard on Liberty Limited and Renegade models is the 3.7-liter PowerTech™ V-6 engine rated at 210 horsepower (157 kW) at 5200 rpm and 235 lb.-ft. (319 N•m) of torque at 4000 rpm.
- Jeep Liberty Sport features the 2.4-liter PowerTech I-4, which is rated at 150 horsepower (112 kW) at 5200 rpm and 165 lb.-ft. (224 N•m) of torque at 4000 rpm.
A Growing List of Safety Features
- An Enhanced Accident Response System (EARS) automatically unlocks doors and illuminates interior courtesy lights five seconds after the deployment of the front or side air bag, and the fuel pump shuts off immediately.
- The 2004 Jeep Liberty also has as standard equipment BeltAlert™, DaimlerChrysler’s new enhanced seat belt reminder system.
- Offered for the first time on Jeep Liberty, the tire pressure monitoring system is included in Liberty’s overhead Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC).
- Jeep Liberty earned the highest side and driver front saf ety ratings from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- Jeep Liberty is built at DaimlerChrysler’s Toledo (Ohio) North manufacturing facility.