2004 Jeep Wrangler Summary From DaimlerChrysler
Date 2003/8/4 0:00:00 | Topic: Wrangler
|DaimlerChrysler recently released a press releases about the 2004 Jeep Wrangler.|
DaimlerChrysler recently released their product summaries for the 2004 Jeep lineup - here's the Wrangler info:
- No vehicle illustrates the legendary Jeep® 4x4 capability more than the Jeep Wrangler, the heart and soul of the Jeep brand.
- Jeep Wrangler is the “icon” of the brand, offering open-air fun with award-winning off-road capability to young buyers as well as seasoned off-road enthusiasts.
- Adding a new chapter to the Wrangler legacy, the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon model made its debut in 2003 with a Jeep-engineered extreme off-road package that continues into the 2004 model year in limited production.
- The Jeep Rubicon model builds on the award-winning capability of the Wrangler with an off-road system that includes locking front and rear differentials, front and rear Dana model 44 axles and a 4:1 low-range transfer case. Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is the most capable off-road Jeep yet, straight out of the showroom.
- Jeep Wranglers are now available in right-hand versions for the North American markets for purposes such as rural postal delivery.
- Additionally for 2004, the AM/FM/CD is the standard radio configuration, tilt steering wheel is now standard on the X and SE, leather-wrapped steering wheel is packaged with speed control and a new spare tire cover for the 30-inch tire is available.
- The Jeep Wrangler lineup for 2004 includes X, SE, Sport, Rubicon and Sahara soft top models. A hard top with full steel doors, roll-up windows and tinted glass is available on all models. Also optional is a dual-top package that includes both a hard top and soft top in matching colors.
- For 2004, a new Ravine aluminum wheel design is standard on Sahara models and optional on Sport models.
- The Jeep Wrangler X, Sport, Sahara and Rubicon models feature the 4.0-liter PowerTech I-6, which is rated at 190 horsepower (142 kW) at 4600 rpm and 235 lb.-ft. (319 N•m) of torque at 3200 rpm.
- The 2.4-liter engine provides 150 horsepower (112 kW) at 5200 rpm and 165 lb.-ft. (224 N•m) of torque at 4000 rpm.
- For 2004, the Jeep Wrangler’s new exterior colors are Electric Lime Green and Solar Yellow.
- Sold in 100 countries around the world, Jeep Wrangler is available in right- and left-hand drive versions.
- Wrangler is built at DaimlerChrysler’s Toledo (Ohio) Stickney Avenue Assembly Plant.