|Great new video of the Commander in action|
MotorTrend's Video Showcase has a great little video about the Jeep Commander highlighting the various features of this all-new Jeep model.
Check out the video.
In addition, this article lists 6 things you should know about the Commander:
6 Things You Need To Know
1. Commander has a body-color grille; Commander Limited gets chrome. Clamshell hood is aluminum.
2. It comes with a choice of three four-wheel-drive systems, like the Grand Cherokee: the base Quadra-Trac I, the all-weather Quadra-Trac II or Quadra-Drive II, with three limited-slip differentials.
3. Theater seating in leather or cloth, with the 40/20/40-split second row taller than the first, and the 50/50-split third taller than the second.
4. Engine offerings are a 210-horsepower, 3.7-liter SOHC V-6; 4.7-liter SOHC V-8; and the 330-horsepower, 5.7-liter Hemi V-8. Two different five-speed automatics are offered, depending on engine choice.
5. Shades of the Vista Cruiser! The optional Command-View Skylights offers a full sunroof for the front seats and two smaller glass panels with shades over the outboard midrow seats. The screen for the optional DVD player is located between the skylights.
6. Second and third rows fold flat. There's an L-shaped storage bin under the load floor, behind the third row, with a removable/ reversible panel.